I found it.(Updated)



This guy(Ralph OsterHout) is way ahead of me. He is actually making these things right now.

Wow!

So after posting this I felt obligated to take part of something like this in the future. So after some thinking I've decided to apply for my second year at a 3D Animation Film school(again). I've been through it once before, but as a webstudent. Being very demotivated and lacking in creativity, I failed that class the first time around. And after, I felt as if, that was it. I was done. But I see now that it was an error, and now I'm going to correct it before it becomes a mistake I will regret later in life.

I am convinced that this is the future of technology and most media presentation. It might even replace many of the things we take for granted today, like television, computers, cellphones and tablets. It might also bring new genres of media.

No more square television set in one corner of every room in the house, either it's a television or computer(or glass touchscreen surfaces that are coming soon). This can eliminate the need for most of that hardware collecting dust around the house, offices in the workplace etc, which I explained in one of my earlier posts.

Anyway, you should watch the video in it's entirety because he explains everything so well that it's no reason for me to go more into it. These people showing this kind of technology is what inspired me to make this blog. I've never been more excited about the future.

Here is a shorter clip where Osterhout explains the future of augmented reality, and how it will work.

If anyone are interested in these things, then come back to this blog, follow it if you want. I will be making blogposts more often now as I will start my own projects and experiments on augmented reality and general creativity.

On a personal note, I've lost some pounds, currently at 91kg, which is most probably the result of my new job where I move about more than the last too many years combined. I sell electronics and gadgets on Capi-Lux Electronics on Oslo Airport. We sell just about everything from photo/video cameras, headphones, speakers, computers, cell-phones, tablets and the like for travelers coming in to and leaving Norway. I really enjoy it there and my co-workers are pretty darn awesome. Maybe I'll end up selling Osterhout's glasses there one day?

Here's an awesome video about motivation to end today's blogpost. 

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams




Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

When Google becomes your eyes.

I Needed A Place To Think

I Found My Canvas - The Oculus Rift