"Eureka"

 Greetings. I think an introduction is in order. So far in life I am an illustrator, 3D-animator, video editor and a thinker.

I have come to the conclusion that my level of happiness is dependent on whether I am creating something or not. If I am not creating something, I am simply not happy. Appearantly that means I am creative. And I found it's time I do something about that, thus this blog.

This blog, for me, is whatever comes to mind, in order to keep a better overview of my ideas, creations and progress.
This blog, for you, can be a perspective into the mind of an honest "right-side" thinker. It will be visual, entertaining and thought-provoking. At least that is my agenda and hopeful impression for you, the reader.

Now that the boring blog description is out of the way, let's open up a little. I am a 24 year old man, who lives in Norway. I'm a very visual and animated guy. People that see me, tend to notice that I am moving about. But lately I have stood still it seems. Haven't achieved much. Haven't traveled much. Most of my friends have moved out of town. I have been sitting here at home, mindlessly swallowing anything the internet throws at me.

CREATIVITY, yes I mentioned that above. How have I been creative the last too many years?
I have created a youtube channel, which has a mediocre at best viewer popularity.(Ain't going partner any time soon). 

Also a bunch of other video game based videos. I also like experimenting with effects and ideas.
Some of my 3D work is posted there, and early EARLY animation work I like to keep there. To see how far I've actually come, remind myself why I started doing it.

I have gone to a creative school, where I learned how to use a software called 3D Studio Max. That was like an epiphany-type experience for me. I learned a tool that is used to create the special effects we see in Hollywood films. Also a tool used to make video games which is now a multi-billion dollar industry as well.

My strongest feat used to be illustration, but I rarely draw anything anymore. I haven't finished a drawing in years. I just scribble something and throw a Photoshop filter on it. Right now, my strongest feat is video editing. All you need is a song and some footage, and you can control the impact and the experience of the frames projected to the viewers eyes. I love that.

Now as I mentioned earlier, I like to experiment. Some ideas I have takes experiments that I don't have to tools to complete(yet). That's where my thinking comes in handy. "Right-side thinking" means that the right side of my brain, which is the visual side of the brain, seems to have become much more active in the recent years.

I daydream alot.

Now there is this experiment I have been obsessive about the last year or so. It involves something called augmented reality, which is the climax of what video game creators and movie makers are trying to achieve. An entirely interactive and immersive artificial experience. I'd like to think of it as a human made universe that can exist next to ours, which we call reality. But current socalled entreprenours haven't come that far yet. It will be a cross between TRON and THE MATRIX, without the wars and stuff of course.

This experiment I have in mind involves making a visual simulation of that. Whatever "that" is?
And to finish it, before anyone else has the same idea(that happens alot), I will be able to use all the tools I have learned in the course of my life. Illustration, 3D modeling, Animation and editing.

And this is where I have to tell why my experiment will be any different from any other youtube video, or science fiction version of augmented reality. It's because I know for a fact that it is possible today, right now, with combination of most of our gadget technology today, into one single, light device. And that I have thought this through and pretty much come up with the final version of what this is. I've reached the limit of how far we could go with my version of augmented reality today, and I've considered every aspect that may surround such an invention.(or re-invention/debatable).

Like what technology it would need. What hardware. How it would impact the electronics industry, and conserns about safety and regulations. How it could be used for a better way to educate. Even those small things you forget, like how far away an object can be from your eyes in order for you to focus on it, as well as how the obstacle that is depth of vision could be overcome in order to make the experience as immersive as possible.

You might already be starting to get that this device would be involving some kind of glasses.
Yes. And if that would be sold at the rate of say, a certain "apple" device, it would be improved every year. It would become lighter, smaller, more trendy and in the end it might take over the entire field.
And one day another science fiction dream would be realised, in contact lenses.

You might have seen something lately, called Google Project Glass, which is not what I am talking about. Even the ad google showed the world(project glass), proves that they are having focus problems(or just ignored it), trend problems, and basic common sense problems.(But I love them for trying).

If you are going to introduce augmented reality to the world, it has to be in 3D in my opinion.(Not 2D google!). Two angles must be projected on each eye in order for a human being(with two eyes) to be immersed in 3d-augmented reality.

How these obstacles can be overcome(and have been) I will come back to later as I eventually will have something ready to back up my claims. I want it to be as clear and understandable as possible when I first put it out there, so I don't have to write it all over again.(inevitable).

So to end my first post to this blog I share some visual stuff.

Lana Del Ray - Video Games: This song prophesize some of my ideas.


Some of my 3D work.
Character facial animation - Stewie Griffin

  3D Reel 2008-2010

Some recent augmented inspiration
Marco Tempest gets it right in an epic way. It is an illusion.

A pretty good simulation of Augmented Reality HELL
Let's not hope the corporations take it this far.

 Not so much 3D, but I love the education aspect.

And of course, the recent google project glass video
Personally I find watching someone else eat from this angle repulsive.
Which reminds me of:

I also just realised that Jim Carrey is Augmented Reality.

Here's the first Project Glass parody as well:

Hope you enjoyed my post. More on 3D Augmented Reality and creativity coming soon.

TP, out.

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

When Google becomes your eyes.

I Needed A Place To Think

I Found My Canvas - The Oculus Rift